Monday 7 October 2013

Vector Wallpaper Creation

In Media we were set the task to create a wallpaper made out of vector images that we had created ourselves in that lesson. To do this we had to use the tools we had already learnt in previous lessons effectively to enable us to create the final wallpaper compiled of already existing vector images.
Once our individual tile was created it was ready to be exported as a PNG file and imported into Photoshop. Once it was into Photoshop we then converted the one tile into a pattern which could be spread across a whole canvas to create a pattern which looks like a wallpaper. Once the tile was saved as a pattern we opened a new canvas with the size of 1200 x 1080 pixels, this was perfect size for our wallpaper.
In my design I am proud of three main features, these include the fact that the design is not streamline, although it matches up it is not clear that it does so. Also my design features many different images compiled in vector form rather than just one repeated. Also I am proud of the fact that my design features a trending mode in colour but actually branches out of that house style.

I am not proud of the fact that most of the vector images in the wallpaper look very similar in style and outlay moreover the colours are not widely diverse. I feel I could of improved on the overall look of the wallpaper and the layout, the wallpaper is not coordinated in the way I wanted it to be, I wanted it to look creative yet well thought out.



Tom A Wallpaper Final

No comments:

Post a Comment