Sunday 2 March 2014

Visual Effects Explanation | Adobe After Effects

In my film I had three main visual effects. I will explain how they were compiled in the following paragraphs.

Visual Effect 1 - Fire from Right Arm


This effect was vital in my film as it made up all the three effects in my final sequence. The effects was originally compiled by alternate sources and was stock footage free to use under the creative commons license. When I added it to the sequence I made sure the correct ratios were met when re sizing and scaling the effect. I then added stock fire sound footage which was found from freesounds.org.
Overall the combination of those 2 sound effects made a great looking and sounding visual effect.

Visual Effect 2 - Smoke Rising from the Head
I originally came up with the concept of this idea as soon as we had decided on the sequence. I was quick to find a YouTube tutorial on how to create the smoke and carried out my plans using the After Effects plugin 'Partical Playground' Which is renounced for creating smoke effects. After carrying out the work with Partical Playground and getting the settings perfect I then downloaded the royalty free sound effect from a royalty free sound website. I combined the two perfectly to create the final effect which worked effectively in my film.

Visual Effect 3 - Fire from Palm of Left Hand

Precision with placing this effect was absolutely essential as it was the difference between the film being great and okay as this was the main effect that stands out to the viewer. I made sure when collecting an choosing the stock footage that it was good and complied with the theme of the film. Furthermore the sound choice was essential as well so I spend a good deal of time looking for the appropriate sound effect and when I did it worked excellently and was suitable for the main Visual Effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment